Youth Camps / Rides
Our Youth camps are tailored out of the foundation of BICP based skills and lessons. We specifically cater our lessons to be safe while pushing skill progressions to help each rider achieve the soundest fundamental riding base. We offer different level rides to accommodate from a 1st time off-road rider to an experienced advanced skill clinics. We ride bikes, have a blast, learn bike-handling skills, and most importantly learn to be safe on a bike! Click here for calendar and more information...
We offer Adult and Advanced Rider Classes. If you’re looking to get a great start into off-road riding or looking to refine your craft as a seasoned mountain biker we can help. Riding a bike is some of the most fun you can have! Like being a kid again. Let us teach you the skills to become a safe and fundamentally sound rider. Want to hit that jump or huck that drop? Our BICP based skill progressions will give you the technique and confidence to take your riding to the next level! Click here for calendar and more information...
Special Events and Offerings
Here at Wheels Up we offer many special requests to help give you exactly what you want. Private Lessons, Birthday Parties, Small Group Lessons (Invite Only), Custom Suspension Tuning Classes among others. Please let us know what type of bike skills event you are interested in putting together. Click here for calendar and more information...
Wheels Up Camps
Clinics and private lessons are separated into 3 Levels. Below is a basic breakdown of what skills that are covered in each level. Each level requires approval from Instructors to participate in the next corresponding level. Each Clinic / Event can have variances depending on the location and participants in attendance. We will do our best to make sure all participants are challenged by the content given in each level. Please make sure to have your bike in good working order prior to the event. If you do have a bike issue, please check out the Sponsors Portion at the top of the home page. We are affiliated with many great shops in your area that can help you get your bike prepared for the trails. Make sure to have your bike set up with platform pedals and wear flat-soled shoes. Helmets are required! We also recommend gloves, eye protection, and body armor to help protect from injury.
Day of Arrival
Upon arrival at our camp, our Wheels Up staff will meet and greet all riders and guardians. We will confirm all documents and pickup arrangements are handled. Instructors will perform Safety Checks on Bikes, Helmets, and Riding Gear. As a group we will cover trail and group safety before we go for a short warm up ride. We will cover our 10 Fundamental Elements and then go into our Bike and Body Separation Skills in our Controlled Skills Course. We will establish a baseline for the rider’s skills and abilities. The instructors will host evaluations to properly place campers into groups based on ability level and age. Groups will work on skills that are level appropriate and use progressions of the challenge each and every rider. After the Controlled Skill Course we will head out to the trails for some TRAIL TIME and Shred the trails with our new skills. Each day of camp we review our fundamentals and work in groups to enhance each of the given skills of the day. We also offer time during the camps to show basic mechanical repairs, general bike maintenance, bike related games, hiking to check out trails and other activities to help your riders achieve their goals on a bike. Most importantly we ride our bike and have a blast! At the end of each camp we offer written checklist for each rider of skills that they achieved. We give each rider a recommendation on the next skills and clinics to advance their riding to the next level! Wheels Up instructors take great pride in the helping educate and provide the tools for our riders to be as good as they want to be.
- Ages of riders for Kids events 8-16 or 24inch wheel or greater in size.
Weekly Ride Descriptions covered in ALL RIDES!
• 2 Hour Ride Sessions • All Rides Incorporate the following • -Trail Safety and Trail Etiquette • -10 Core Cycling Fundamentals • -Group Riding Strategies Periodically we will change locations for certain dates! Check the Calendar and Facebook for Updates!
Mighty Monster Mondays
- 1st Timers with Wheels Up - Newer and Beginners riders - Flat to Rolling Terrain
Wheels Up Wednesday
- Intermediate Riders (Approval from Instructors) - Rolling with Moderate Hills
Table Top Thursdays
- Various Locations- in St. Charles County - Beginners to Intermediate riders depending on location. - Calendar and Facebook updates
Pay Per Rider
- $20 cash day of ride -$25 CC, PayPal, Venmo, & Apple Pay available for payment.
Ride Club Memberships - Include weekly rides only
1. Spring Wheels Up Crew Member (Weekly Rides)
• March 1st - May 31st • $200 cost per rider • Pick 1 day a week of 3 day options • Mighty Monster Mondays- Castlewood Park • Wheels Up Wednesdays- Glencoe Park • Table Top Thursdays- St. Charles - Various Locations
2. Summer Wheels Up Crew Member (Weekly Rides)
• June 1st - August 31st • $200 cost per rider • Pick 1 day a week of 3 day options • Mighty Monster Mondays- Castlewood Park • Wheels Up Wednesdays- Glencoe Park • Table Top Thursdays- St. Charles - Various Locations
3. Spring Wheels Up Crew Member (Weekly Rides)
September 1st-Novermber31st • $200 cost per rider • Pick 1 day a week of 3 day options • Mighty Monster Mondays- Castlewood Park • Wheels Up Wednesdays- Glencoe Park • Table Top Thursdays- St. Charles - Various Locations
4. Advanced Membership (Annual)
Come get your ride on! Ride ALL year! Weekly Rider - Mega Deal!
• March 1 - Novermber31st • $500 cost per rider • Pick 1 day a week of 3 day options • Mighty Monster Mondays- Castlewood Park • Wheels Up Wednesdays- Glencoe Park • Table Top Thursdays- St. Charles - Various Locations
* With any of these packages you can choose to ride a second time any week and only pay $15 to do so!
What to Bring to a Camp or a Ride
Required for Camps and Group Rides
Mountain bike that has been tuned up and ready to ride. We ask that riders be on a minimum size of 24inch wheel or larger for Wheels Up Camps and Rides. We do recommend geared bikes and hand style brakes. We do offer “ I Don’t Need No Training Wheels Rides” which is for any child that is between (off training wheels to 20inch wheel bikes) These are specific rides for the younger crowd. We do not require front suspension, but it is recommended. For safety reasons bicycles with coaster brakes will not be allowed in Wheels Up Camps. Day of Event Requirements Camps and Rides Waivers and all paper work for camp Helmet (1 -2) Waters bottles (Carried on the bike via a water bottle cage) or Hydration Backpack Lunch and healthy snack - ( ONLY FOR CAMPS)
Suggested items to bring to Camp and Group Rides
Gloves Bike shorts Sunscreen Bug Repellant Sun Glasses or Protective Eye Ware PLEASE make sure that every camper has eaten before coming to camp. We all know a hungry camper that should eat a snicker’s! Or a health snack will work as well!
Post Camp and Ride suggestions!
Pro Tips! - Like a clean car! Bring a towel, change of clothes, and plastic bag. Mountain bikers tend to get dirty on every ride, especially if they find puddles or it gets a little wet out! The riders can be hungry after a good Camp or Ride, bring and a snack till your able to get reinforcements!
We do our camps outdoors, and in the event of weather conditions that create an unsafe situation or prevent us from providing the Camp or Ride we may have to cancel and will reschedule. We take pride in our safety will cancel and reschedule camps due to extreme heat. In the event of a cancellation due to heat or other inclement weather our refunds will be credited toward another comparable style camp that is available.
Level 1 Skills Clinic
Body Positioning Bike and Body Separation
Front Wheel Lifts
Intro to Cornering
Basic Trail Group Riding
- 20 rider Maximum per Camp -Cost per Rider $40 - 3 Hour Camp - Snack and Drink Provided
Level 2 Skills Clinic
Rear Wheel Lift
Track Stand Dismounts & Remounts
Intro to Drops
- Must Complete and be approved for level 2 - 12 Rider Maximum per Camp - Cost per Rider $45 - 3 Hour Camp - Snack and Drink Provided
Level 3 Skills Clinic
Advanced Wheel Lifts
- Must Complete and be approved for level 3 - 8 Rider Maximum per Camp - Cost per Rider $60 - 4 Hour Camp - Snack and Drink Provided
Click here to register and
pay for a camp!
© 2019 Wheels Up